KTMPO seeking a REGIONAL PLANNER
Summary of Position
Assist the Planning Director in conducting planning projects for the region. Duties include gathering necessary data for documentation of plans, developing plans, and providing technical assistance to public and private organizations in the region; and serving as liaison to outside agencies.
Reports to: Planning Director
Directs: This is a non-supervisory position
Other: Works with local, state, and federal government agencies; and has contact with program directors of the regional council, area elected officials, private firms, consultants, and the general public.
Examples of Work Performed
- Performs planning activities for various programs and grants;
- Conducts base studies of the region’s geographic, population, and economic characteristics;
- Develops regional plans in specific subject areas;
- Serves as agency liaison to outside service providers, including exchanging information, resolving problems and difficulties, and ordering supplies and services as needed;
- Provides community planning assistance to local governments;
- Transmits planning data to public and private organizations;
- Performs outreach functions to publicize programs in regional development;
- Provides staff support to policy committees or groups as may be assigned;
- Prepares proposals for grants and contracts related to regional planning and assists in the implementation of administered grants and contracts;
- Attends seminars and workshops as needed and approved; and
- Performs related work as assigned.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in community or regional planning, geography, transportation planning, civil engineering, business or public administration, economics, political science, environmental science, or a related field;
or high school diploma, or its equivalent, plus at least four years of progressively responsible experience in physical planning or any of the fields described above. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: physical planning principles; data collection and analysis; methods and procedures for operating computers and related equipment; standard office practices and procedures; data base management practices and procedures; and geographic information systems.
Skill/Ability to: apply planning techniques; conduct analytical research and present research results effectively; interpret and apply broad standards and policies to programmatic operations; demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; and maintain effective working relationships with local, state, and federal agencies, regional council program directors, private firms, and the general public.
Certificates and Licenses Required
Appropriate Texas Driver’s license, current proof of automobile insurance, and available/alternate means of transportation.
Please e-mail resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Attn: Debby Garrett
P.O. Box 729
Belton, Texas 76513
Please phone with any questions: 254-770-2374.Leave a reply