The Killeen-Temple MPO will be hosting a series of public workshops for the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan update (MTP). The MTP identifies the existing and future transportation needs and plans for a 25 year planning horizon. The main elements of the plan are a short-range project list (10 years) and a long-range project list (25 years). Once identified in the MTP, a project is then eligible for federal highway or transit dollars for study, design, right of way acquisition or construction activities.
KTMPO will be holding 5 public workshops to gather information on the transportation needs and issues of the region in April. The dates and locations are listed below:
- April 10, 2018—Copperas Cove Police Department, 302 E. Ave E. in Copperas Cove at 12:00pm.
- April 10, 2018—Central Texas Council of Governments, 2180 N. Main Street in Belton at 5:00pm.
- April 16, 2018—Temple Public Library, 100 W. Adams Ave. in Temple at 12:00pm.
- April 17, 2018—Killeen Community Center, 2201 E. Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Killeen at 12:00pm.
- April 17, 2018—Harker Heights Activity Center, 400 Indian Trail in Harker Heights at 5:00pm.
For more information about the workshops, please contact KTMPO.Leave a reply